Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Hi all,

I'm converting over to SWG and have purchased in installed (Plumbing portion) the Circupool Core 55 SWG. As I'm looking at the next step for hooking up electrical, I'd like to get a recommendation on the best course of action for the connection. I have an intermatic double pole timer for my 230v pump and plan to tie the Circupool SWG to the load of the timer as I've read that is recommended and not to simply depend of the flow switch within the SWG to ensure safety. This means that I'll be powering the Circupool with 230v and this is allowable per the Circupool documentation.

I could either go direct with 12/2 Romex from the timer all the way to the circupool, thus replacing the Edison plug power cable that came installed, or I could go from the timer to an edison style outlet, but it would be wired as 2 hot w/ ground rather than hot/neutral/ground.

First of all, would it be safe to install an outlet with 2 hot? I'm thinking years from now if something other than the SWG were plugged into it.
Second, if I go Romex for the full run, it isn't THWN. Is that ok to use screwed down in the Circupool connection junction?

Thanks for any advice,

Hi all,

I'm converting over to SWG and have purchased in installed (Plumbing portion) the Circupool Core 55 SWG. As I'm looking at the next step for hooking up electrical, I'd like to get a recommendation on the best course of action for the connection. I have an intermatic double pole timer for my 230v pump and plan to tie the Circupool SWG to the load of the timer as I've read that is recommended and not to simply depend of the flow switch within the SWG to ensure safety. This means that I'll be powering the Circupool with 230v and this is allowable per the Circupool documentation.

I could either go direct with 12/2 Romex from the timer all the way to the circupool, thus replacing the Edison plug power cable that came installed, or I could go from the timer to an edison style outlet, but it would be wired as 2 hot w/ ground rather than hot/neutral/ground.

First of all, would it be safe to install an outlet with 2 hot? I'm thinking years from now if something other than the SWG were plugged into it.
Second, if I go Romex for the full run, it isn't THWN. Is that ok to use screwed down in the Circupool connection junction?

Thanks for any advice,
Is this outside and exposed to weather? Generally romex is only allowed inside. I’d recommend running shielded cable for wet exposure into a junction box (not an outlet) rated for wet locations.

Thanks for the replies and help. Based on conversation here, I took the following actions:

1. Since it's inside a shed and dry, I ran yellow romex from the timer to a junction box.
2. I put black tape on both ends of the Romex white wire.
3. I clipped the edison plug off of the Core-55 supplied power cable and ran it to the junction box.
5. I wire nutted Black to Black, White to White (black tape), and Green to bare copper.
6. At the Intermatic 2 pole timer, I screwed down Black to Load 1, White (black tape) to Load 2, and bare copper to green lug nut.

According to the documentation for the Core-55, it auto senses the input voltage and requires no configuration on the unit.

Does this sound correct?

thanks,
Patrick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.