Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Does anyone make a skimmer (like solar breeze) that runs on a cord (like bottom robots)? I have too much shade for solar. Had a solar breeze for 2 or 3 years, only ran about 3 hours, then died at year 3. I have a poolskim at one end, but a robot running around picking up oak leaves and oak pollen would be nice.

I will follow as I have been thinking the same. There are floating skimmers but one that would actually scoot around on surface would be great. That skimmer net gets heavy with all the pollen and debris that is floating. Also, it is being pushed in a corner away from my skimmer!!!!

I don't want something that requires hoses attached to the bottom suction robot (have Aquabot for bottom). Long hoses are a pain. My Aquabot is great and so easy to use. Seems a similar surface device would be a no brainier. Motors and cord wouldn't need to be so large, waterproofing would be easier, could run faster without worrying of draining solar battery. Even a plug in charging model would be a good alternative. Maybe Tesla could develope one!

The mechanics of making something float level and move freely on the surface with a cord attached would make that close to impossible. Rechargeable is probably the best hope.

Maybe if the cord was out the bottom, it could be stable. But yeah, rechargeable would be easiest. Something like a Roomba that drives itself "home" to charge. But pulling it out out to charge would be safest and easiest to implement. Even a wind driven one has crossed my mind. I have more wind than sun at my pool. If it's windy, the leaves are falling...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.