Effects of Adding

I may have to slam...so looking to use Liquid Chlorine to raise FC. That being said, how would I measure how much Liquid Chlorine to add to get to the desired target FC? I dont see it as an option to select in the Pool Math app under Effects of Adding.

I am looking to buy the chlorine in bulk from a pool store as opposed to the 2L jugs that is sold at big box stores.

You need to know your current FC and your projected FC target as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Once you know that, then the PoolMath APP's Effects of Adding can tell you the effect of adding X-Amount of 10% chlorine to water. In my signature is a link to the older web version which is another method to determine dosage amounts.

You need to know your current FC and your projected FC target as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Once you know that, then the PoolMath APP's Effects of Adding can tell you the effect of adding X-Amount of 10% chlorine to water. In my signature is a link to the older web version which is another method to determine dosage amounts.
Thanks. Assuming any Liquid chlorine bought at a pool store is either 10% or 12%? or does it even matter?

Liquid chlorine bought at a pool store is either 10% or 12%? or does it even matter?
Those are the most common strengths. Once you confirm which one you have, you can modify the chlorine strength in the APP or web calculator versions for accurate dosing. :goodjob:

Those are the most common strengths. Once you confirm which one you have, you can modify the chlorine strength in the APP or web calculator versions for accurate dosing. :goodjob:
thank you. Do I apply the strength under the bleach option? and input the strength in the 'bleach percentage'?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Liquid Chlorine and Bleach are the same. Typically people say "Liquid Chlorine" when referring to the 10% or 12.5% concentrations you can get at pool stores, big box stores in the pool area, labeled as "liquid pool shock", etc. and "Bleach" to refer to the weaker stuff you buy in a store in the laundry or cleaning areas, but they have the same active ingredient.

"Bleach" in the laundry/cleaning area does often have additives you don't want in your pool, like scents, splashless, "Cloromax" technology, etc. so personally I feel finding stuff meant for pools is a better idea.

Reactions: rich6429
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.