EcoFinish Aqua Bright Blue Mist

EcoNoinFLA

Jul 1, 2019
Lutz Florida
I have a 20 year old pool previous surface was concrete/ marcite. In March 2013 we contracted a pool company to resurface or 11,000 gallon pool with EcoFinish Aqua Bright Blue. Over the years the pool has been very easy to take care of and looked great however, we have continued to have leak issues. Yes we called the pool guy and requested his assistance. First it took him months to come out and look at the pool as it was winter and he didn't want to get in the pool. Then he checked it... said he fixed it only to have to return multiple times. Enough times that we lost confidence in him all together. Since then he has left the industry. Currently we are treating what we believe to be stains on the bottom and sides of the pool. Tonight I noticed the sides of the pool around the decorative tiles, around the water jets and the steps are all deteriorating. The stairs surface is actually rubbing off! I no longer believe we have stains but rather the coating is melting off before our eyes. Yes, we still have a leak too. We have to add water every week. I am looking for feedback, suggestions or whatever. I cannot afford to resurface all over again. Has anyone had any luck getting the EcoFinish distributor to offer help? Thank you for any information helpful.

Reactions: Theycallmesunny
Unfortunately ecofinish has gotten a bad wrap from many ppl dealing with poor installs. The prep is key and is usually not done well enough. It's a good product but it's all in the prep and install. Many pool pros no longer do the installs and have sold their equipment

Ecofinish should have a warranty. They are providing materials to a new installer (but we have to pay labor) we hired after our original PB tried 3x and couldn’t get the ecofinish right. We are looking at over $20k of repairs to the finish right now that we have told ecofinish about (sandblasting, plaster and then ecofinish). I’m not holding my breath on any additional help they will give.

Water fan I'm wondering why you wouldnt ditch the ecofinish at this point? If you have 20k in repairs why not chip out and go with tried and true plaster job. 20k should cover that no problem. What if this new guy screws it up too it's a tricky product to install the prep is the key

That is where my head is at right now too. We love the idea and loved how smooth it was (where it was smooth). I was just coming on here to ask about everyone's favorite finish. It was just under $7k to sandblast it off and the plaster will be just over $7k and the labor for the new ecofinish will be $7500. I was hoping that with proper prep (i.e. actual plaster vs whatever the previous PB did by hand with some hand mixed cement) that we had a chance this time.

Not to hijack this thread but rethink what you are doing. You are gonna spend 14k to get a plaster job only to cover it with a 7500 dollar ecofinish? There are some nice upgrades in plaster that can be very smooth in texture look at all the samples. Plaster is tried and true. If you ecofinish the plaster and it fails you are starting over AGAIN. You are a gambling man my friend I wanna sit next to you at the roulette table

Reactions: Theycallmesunny
All fair points and so hard to explain how we ended up here. It has been a nightmare. The sticky situation we find ourselves in is that ecofinish recommended this installer because that is all he does and covers many many states around us (i.e. only does ecofinish for PBs - isn't even a PB himself anymore) so he is very good at it. We were set to have him redo the finish and ecofinish was covering the material and we were covering the $4k to $7500 in labor. Signed the contract many many months ago with work to begin in June. They came out and started prep to then decide it was "worse than they thought" and it needed sandblasted ($7k) and plastered ($7k) first. He then set up these subs with our acknowledgement that it was really really bad (which we already knew and why when we heard it was only going to be $4k to $7500 were were excited). So, we are locked into the ecofinish contract based on that initial assumption that it was going to be all done by this new installer and go well. The pool was holding water at the time (spa wasn't), but it was starting to peel badly in many areas. So, what we originally thought was a $4k to $7500 job has gone down a rabbit hole. I hate it all. But backing out of that contract and finding someone else is equally as risky at this point. When we had to fire the last PB after his 3 attempts at it (and messing up our equipment and everything else), it was really hard to find someone to even take over. When we met this crew, we were just happy someone was coming to help us. We need prayers - a lot of them.

I would like to know how long the original AquaBright finish lasted on your pool before having to re-do it? I've been talking to PB's in my area (i'm in a small town) and nobody has even heard of AquaBright. I've read a little bit about it online and it sounds like good stuff. Sorry, your situation has gone like it has though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.