EasyTouch2 4P firmware upgrade

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
Hello,
I was looking at my easy touch and noticed it is running firmware 2.160 and the latest firmware is 2.180.

My first question is what benefit is there to upgrading to this newer firmware?
My second question is how do I upgrade it?

TSC,

I don't, but Tom does.. It may be as simple as looking it up on the Pentair web site, but since the EasyTouch was not really meant to be field updated, I have never looked.

Jim R.

Hey guys, to get the release notes, go to the pentair site and go to the pool automation under products. At the bottom you'll see a software and firmware link.
I usually tell folks not to bother updating unless they need a feature that is in a newer release, such as a VSF pump fix or something
There's a thread on TFP about diy updates, i don't have the link at the moment
-Tom

hey SadClown,
this is what I found in the release notes for 2.180...

Version 2.180 4/01/19
Support Hybrid Heater
Fixed several issues with the VSF pump
Fixed a number of minor issues
Fix long standing bug with Pool-Spa-Cleaner interlock

I especially appreciate the detail offered by "fixed a number of minor issues"

hey SadClown,
this is what I found in the release notes for 2.180...

Version 2.180 4/01/19
Support Hybrid Heater
Fixed several issues with the VSF pump
Fixed a number of minor issues
Fix long standing bug with Pool-Spa-Cleaner interlock

I especially appreciate the detail offered by "fixed a number of minor issues"
well shoot, I just got a VSF pump, any help with installing this firmware update?

I wish they gave more detail about what specific VSF issues were fixed... are you having a problem with the pump? If not, I'd be tempted to leave it alone but if you still want to update, here are some options:
  1. If you want to do the DIY approach, here's the thread on how to: How to perform firmware upgrade on Pentair* controllers
  2. Sometimes a local pool shop that does Pentair equipment can come out and flash the new firmware (the fees on this seem to vary wildly)
  3. I can update it for you as well, but you'd have to remove your board and send it to me
Tom

I wish they gave more detail about what specific VSF issues were fixed... are you having a problem with the pump? If not, I'd be tempted to leave it alone but if you still want to update, here are some options:
  1. If you want to do the DIY approach, here's the thread on how to: How to perform firmware upgrade on Pentair* controllers
  2. Sometimes a local pool shop that does Pentair equipment can come out and flash the new firmware (the fees on this seem to vary wildly)
  3. I can update it for you as well, but you'd have to remove your board and send it to me
Tom

What would you recommend? Do you think the DIY approach would be the better route just in case there are ever new updates then I could do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.