ottawa, ontario, canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I have been having troubles getting my programming on my easytouch correct this year.

What I've just noticed in the last 2-3 days is that i cannot shut my pump on and off from my easytouch anymore.
I keep getting a "pool delay" and i have no clue why. I have to override/clear the delay to turn the pump off. this adds about 5 steps on the easytouch panel that should be a simple toggle button.

is there any basic troubleshooting I can do to understand why this is happening? it's a relatively new problem in the last week or so.
see screenshots of what i see immediately after pushing the "P" button, pump circuit on/off.
(and yes its actually that cold here today, bit unusual)

1624413986957.png1624414027804.png

Something similar happened to me today. I just happened to be at the ET panel at 4:00 when my pump is programmed to shut off. It kept running and DEL showed in the display. There was nothing running it might have needed to wait for. At 4:02 I cancelled the delay and the pump shut off. I'm puzzled.

i can recreate this problem on demand. in fact, if i try to shut my pump off right now, I will get the delay and have to cancel the delay to shut the darn pump off.
I will go test this theory right now. I had certainly triggered this delay about 5 times as I was toggling my pump on/off during backwash/rinse/filter cycles this evening. many additional steps just to get the pump off so I could switch the filter head position.

i can recreate this problem on demand. in fact, if i try to shut my pump off right now, I will get the delay and have to cancel the delay to shut the darn pump off.
I will go test this theory right now. I had certainly triggered this delay about 5 times as I was toggling my pump on/off during backwash/rinse/filter cycles this evening. many additional steps just to get the pump off so I could switch the filter head position.
confirmed... it's been an hour now since i backwashed and just tried to turn the pump off after leaving it running. no luck. DEL appeared. I am supposed to be in the middle of a scheduled pump cycle right now, which is between 7pm and 7am (weeknights). you would think I could interrup this, do what I need to do, and start it back up again. what's the behaviour when you interrupt a program? I assume it doesnt resume on it's own if it was active when you interruped it?

Aaron,

When working on the filter or the pump, the system should be in the Service mode.. You then run the pump from the pump's display..

I really doubt that you have any kind of electrical problem... Just some type of configuration issue, but to be honest, I don't have a clue what it is.

The system only needs to think the heater is on, it does not have to actually be on. But, as I have said before, I don't have a heater so there is a lot of heater problems that I have not seen.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.