Easytouch / screenlogic/ Heat pump comm issues

MiguelACA

Silver Supporter
May 12, 2020
Houston
I've had issues with the heat pump for some time now. Most have been fixed. Some were bad parts others bad wiring. Finally got the main pentair repair/warranty guy out and he got it all squared away. Mostly. The only issue remaining is a communication issue between the pump and easytouch/screenlogic. If i set the hot and cold set temps on the EASY TOUCH panel, everything works and it pushes the data to the SCREENLOGIC app on my phone. If i adjust the HEAT temp on SCREENLOGIC it will push it to the EASYTOUCH, but if i adjust the COLD temp on SCREENLOGIC, it wont push it to the EASYTOUCH panel?!?! I will adjust it, and a few seconds later it resets it back to where it originally was! The pentair guy is stumped. He notated everything and took pictures to take back to the engineer. Anyone here run into this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't have Screenlogic, but I have had similar communication failures between my EasyTouch remote controllers and the panel. In my case, it's because of old, buggy firmware. My outside panel has 2.160 but my wired indoor remote has 2.150. There are one or two items (related to solar, if I recall correctly) which I cannot change from indoors; it looks like it's sending the right thing, but the panel doesn't get it. If I walk outside to the panel, I can successfully change the settings.

I don't have Screenlogic, but I have had similar communication failures between my EasyTouch remote controllers and the panel. In my case, it's because of old, buggy firmware. My outside panel has 2.160 but my wired indoor remote has 2.150. There are one or two items (related to solar, if I recall correctly) which I cannot change from indoors; it looks like it's sending the right thing, but the panel doesn't get it. If I walk outside to the panel, I can successfully change the settings.
There was a recent firmware update this month, but I believe it needs special hardware to update. I'll see if I can get it done soon!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.