Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Disclaimer - not my pool, trying to help a friend troubleshoot

Went to a friends house this weekend, he has a Pentair setup, 3HP VSP,chiller,master temp and easytouch.

I thought something was odd when I went to look at his equipment pad, pump was loud! It was running at 3400 rpm and had been for the last 3 years !!!

His Pb nor he had ever setup any sort of schedule. So I did my best to figure out the easytouch, honestly much more cumbersome than my intellicenter lol.

I used the config App on ios to setup the feature circuits to creat some different pump run speeds, using feature circuits 1-4. I then setup a schedule, but it doesn’t seem to be executing it properly?

It should be skimming 8-10 but the pump is just running at the normal 1200 rpm normal low speed pool setting.

Also not sure if this matters but the POOL icon appears grey and not blue or green like it normally does when on, but the pump function screen shows pump running 1200 rpm but no estimated GPM.

I’m rather confused and what to do to help him out.

I can access his ScreenLogic app remote but can’t get into the config app …any way to get into it via web browser if needed ?

Attachments

• IMG_4532.png
    IMG_4532.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4530.png
    IMG_4530.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4531.png
    IMG_4531.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 5
TT,

What specific IntelliFlo pump does he have?
What is the pump "Type" set to?? (Note that if you change the pump type, it will erase all of your pump speeds..)

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your programming.. The pump is set up to run 24/7 and Pool Skim should work..

With the system in AUTO, when you look at the pump's display, does it say "Display not Active"???

Pool Icon must be green when in the Pool mode, so that is odd..

Thanks,

Jim R.

What specific IntelliFlo pump does he have?
What is the pump "Type" set to?? (Note that if you change the pump type, it will erase all of your pump speeds..)
I’m not sure exact model. Intelliflo 3vsp. Also not sure what it’s programmed as since I can’t access the config app.
With the system in AUTO, when you look at the pump's display, does it say "Display not Active"???
Not that I can tell

Is it possible to figure out the time on the system? Maybe time zones are off from when I’m expecting changes ?

Should I reboot the panel ?

TT,

If you have an old PC you can load ScreenLogic and get real feedback... Like this

View media item 249074

Pushing the little reset button on the panel, is just like rebooting a PC, nothing is erased.

What do you mean you can't tell if the pump shows "Display not Active"????

Thanks,

Jim R.

I don’t have an older computer to load that program on and I’m not local to the pool.

This is what is going on currently:
I removed the skim profiles to just see if it would run the pool normal without issue.

Pump is off, but schedule shows it should be on?
I’m at a loss

Attachments

• IMG_4550.png
    IMG_4550.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4552.png
    IMG_4552.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4551.png
    IMG_4551.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 2
TT,

Based on your schedule, your pump should be running 24/7...

It could be that the pump is not being controlled by the automation and is running off an internal schedule.

Several things have to happen for the pump to run when the automation is in control..

The system must be in AUTO.. (It will never work in the SERVICE mode..)
At least one Circuit must be on. (Normally pool or spa circuit, but it can be any circuit..)
The circuit that is on must have a speed assigned to it.. (As an example Pool = 1200)
The pump type must be correct. (VS, VF or VSF, etc) (If a newer IntelliFlo, the F/W in the pump can not be 3.03 or 3.04)
The pump must be under the control of the automation. (The IntelliFlo pump, with a display, will show "Display Not Active" when the automation is in control. If the display shows an RPM screen of some type, it is NOT be controlled by the automation)

This is not something that can be done remotely.. Someone has to be on site to troubleshoot the problem..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: TigerTater
This is not something that can be done remotely.. Someone has to be on site to troubleshoot the problem..

Okay. That makes sense.

What questions can I ask the pool owner to do to figure some of these things out?

Can any of this be figured out if I had access to the SL config app via remote access ?

TT,

You can just ask all the questions I have asked..

You will see the pump type, but if you don't know what kind of pump it is, you will not know if it is correct or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.