Easytouch pentair - pump boost works on pool but not spa setting HELP!

Dec 22, 2018
Rancho Mirage, CA
I have an easytouch 4 - It's a simple set up with no controllers in the spa, just a 4 setting variable speed pentair pump, a control panel, and one wireless controller. There is an auxiliary button #3 I think, and it used to set the pump at high speed for the pool or spa. Now it only ramps up the speed for the pool and not the spa. Nothing has changed since installation so it must be a programming issue. All other settings work. What gives?

DVP,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all or your "Easy" questions... :shark:

Programs just don't change themselves, so unless you accidently changed something, then there has to be some type of failure..

I can't seem to grasp the problem you are trying to explain, so please point me in the right direction...

If I understand correctly, pushing Aux 3 should turn on one of the four speeds that your VS pump has.. Do you have the IntelliFlo pump???

The EasyTouch links the Aux 3 circuit to a set speed... So when you push the Aux 3 button the pump should go to that speed, whether you are in the Pool mode or Spa, it should not make a difference.. :confused: So, on the surface, what you are saying does not make logical sense.

Are you pushing the Aux 3 button on the wireless controller or on the Easytouch panel itself? Have you tried both???

Please tell me more... Tell me the exact buttons you push to go into the spa mode and change the speed of the pump.

Does the pool actually switch over from the pool mode into the spa mode?

Once we fully understand your problem, there are plenty of people here that can help.

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

I reread your post... Do you have two pumps?? If so describe each pump.. Single speed, 2-speed, VS, etc..

Yes - I accidentally changed a setting. The Aux button on the wireless controls the VS Intelliflo pump, the only pump I have.

The pump model has four speeds. #1 is used for pool, #2 I use manually for pool cleaner, #3 is the high speed max RPM setting, and #4 is normal Spa mode at 3/4 max RPM.

The Aux #3 button will activate pump speed setting #3 at max RPM only in pool mode, where as it worked in both Spa and Pool mode before.

Everything else works as normal, valves, heater, etc.

When I push the spa button on the wireless it goes to the Spa mode and operates at what ever RMP I have set the intelliflo to for setting #4 on the pump. Everything works as normal except the higher pump speed Aux 3 button for Pump button speed #3.

This may help - At one point during my effort at trying to fix the settings the high speed pump function only came on when I turned on the pool light. I "fixed" that and managed to get it to work in pool mode now but not spa mode.

So for now, Aux 3 button (the last one down on the easytouch 4 wireless) does work as programmed for the pool, raising pump speed to 100%, but not when the system is in Spa mode.

Some function/program must be misnamed or misapplied.

Thank you for trying to help.

Last edited:
DVP,

Go out to the main panel and do the following...

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, Speeds.. (You may not have pump #1, not sure on older units..)

You should see a screen that says something like the following..

Speed 1/4 If you push the up button you will see 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, which should be your four pump speeds..
RPM 1500
Circuit
[Pool ] This will be the circuit that activates the speed.. in this case, when in Pool the pump will run at 1500 RPM

Please tell me what each speed screen says...

Then go to Menu, Settings, Quick Touch, and tell me what circuit each remote button is assigned... (do this at the main panel..)

Just want to clear up something you said.. "operates at what ever RMP I have set the IntelliFlo to for setting #4 on the pump"... Are you setting your speeds on the pump itself or via the Easytouch system?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.