Easytouch no longer controlling Intelliflo

It’s about 5 years old and located on our screened porch. We live just off the beach on the Florida panhandle. Can be brutally humid With salt in the air. I am going to try reconnecting the wired Controller. The previous connection was a little messy with bare wires sticking out from the terminal block.

This should be my last post. I pigtailed the wires coming from the screenlogic and wired controller along with a third wire to connect to the com port on the SWG board. One of the problems I saw was that when they hooked up the wired controller they used a pretty thick 4 wire. When they put that thick wire from the wired controller along with the thinner wires coming from the screenlogic together into the com port connectors the connection was not good. The screw down would hit the larger wire and it was a hit or miss if there was good contact with the smaller wire. Lots of bare wire in the previous connection as well.

Everything is all up and running now. Thanks to all you members for your help!

Well, after experiencing full functionality with regard to my screenlogic and wired controller connected to one of the com ports on my SWCG expansion board, intermittent problems started occurring, I.e. the pump would not turn on according to schedule, wall control would not always work, and screenlogic would not always work.

I tried using the other com ports on the expansion board to control screenlogic and the Wall Controller; no luck. While working on the problem, easytouch stopped communicating with VSF. I then removed the jumper between the expansion board and main com port on the easytouch board. I then moved the Intelliflo VSF from one of the com ports on the expansion board to the com port on the easytouch board. Still no communication. Maybe I have had a slowly failing com port on my easytouch board that has now completely failed. Is there a way to test the com port above and beyond just connecting it to the Intelliflo?

FT,

I suggest that you unplug everything from the com port except the IntelliFlo.

If the pump's display says "Display not Active", that should mean the com port is ok..

Then, one at a time, add additional connections until you find the bad one.. If there is a bad one..

Since it is intermittent, I would wait a while between each addition.

I would add any remote last. And ScreenLogic, next to last.

Thanks,

Jim R

FT,

So it could be a bad pump, a bad main board or a bad cable... Make sure you are not in the Service mode.. You should be in Auto and either the Pool mode or the spa mode..

Assuming the above is true, then I would disconnect the pump and connect something else to the J20 and see of that works.. If something else works than the pump has lost its RS-485 chip.

I have seen cables with corroded pins cause problems, so I would visually check both sides of the connector at the pump first..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.