Tipp City Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm just finalizing equipment purchases for a new pool that will be going in soon. I was hoping to get a sanity check to ensure compatibility.

I currently have the following items:
  • Pentair IntelliFlo VSP EC-011028
  • Pentair IntelliBrite 5g color EC-602122 (2)
  • Pentair MicroBrite color EC-620425
  • Pentair MasterTemp 400k Heater EC-462028
  • Pentair IntelliChlor IC40
  • Pentair IntelliChlor Power Center 520556
I'm trying to line up an EasyTouch and may have lined up the Pentair 520591 EasyTouch 4P base system.

My goal: I'm looking to simplify scheduling and remove external timers from the mix.
My questions:
  • Are the above all compatible and do I have enough capacity in the 4P system to handle everything?
  • Will the EasyTouch provide enough control to automate flow rates for heating/SWCG schedules?
  • Will the EasyTouch listed above be compatible with the ScreenLogic2 module?
I appreciate any insight. Thanx!

Cod,

The answer to compatibility is Yes.. Will it handle everything.. just depends on what you want.

The 520591 is for a Pool only system.. It will not run a Pool with an integrated Spa.

An ET 4 only has three user programable relays.. One of the four relays can only be used as the Pump/Filter relay. What is it that you plan to run?

Each light that you want to run independently, will need a relay and a low voltage transformer.

The IntelliFlo and heater do not need a relay.

The IntelliChlor will use the Pump/Filter relay.

ScreenLogic only works with an EasyTouch or the IntelliTouch.

You should really look at getting the new IntelliCenter.. About the same price as an EasyTouch plus ScreenLogic..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim - thanx for the reply. I had been looking for an IntelliCenter without much success so I have been buying parts as I can locate them.

So a few follow ups to make sure I understand:
As far as the IntelliFlo and heater, are the only connections to the ET the serial control line?
With the IntelliChlor being hooked up to the Pump/Filter relay, is the SWCG going to run any time I have the pump on or can that be configured independently? For example if I want the pump to run at a low flow rate, can I prevent the IntelliChlor from turning on to avoid low flow rate warnings?
With regards to the lights, the IntelliBrite are both 120v, but the MicroBrite is a 12v. If I want the lights to behave the same, can I use a single relay (wired to the 1 transformer and 2 intellibrite) or is that not recommended?
Any recommendations on the 12v transformer?

Cod,

The IntelliFlo only uses RS-485 control.. Some heaters have RS-485, but all heaters have what is called a Fireman's loop that most automation systems use to control the heater. Neither of these units "require" the use of one of the High Voltage relays.

I can't think of any reason to run the pump and not be making chlorine... :mrgreen: .. If you want, you could use one of your Aux relays to control the SWCG, but that is not how it was designed to be used. I run my pump 24/7 so that SWCG makes chlorine all the time and I am skimming all the time.. Not at all required but it works well for me.

If you want all the lights to turn on and off at the same time, and be the same color, then only one relay is required. You could power the two 120 volts lights and a transformer for the 12 volt light all off of one relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.