Easy Touch & Dolphin Robot Cleaner Questions...

imrodee

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2012
Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
A few questions here - Can the Dolphin be integrated into the Easy Touch Automation System or at least a timer? After watching a few (maybe 50) videos, I've narrowed my robot buying decision to things that are important to me. One basket - on top; an algae scrubber unit that walks down the waterline; a leaf collector; cord not getting twisted all the time. If one unit was better at steps, and/or a grotto, it would be worth it to me to get a more expensive model since we travel a lot. For my Texas friends in the heat - can I leave the unit in the water for a month in the heat? I do have a Polaris 280 that does a fantastic job and works like a charm, but I'm becoming lazy about brushing the pool as often. Hate to admit that, but it's true. Thank you in advance.

Most are going with the S200 as there is not much more with the more expensive models... You can plug it into a smart switch that will turn it on and off everyday at certain times... You can leave it in the pool at all times with no issue :)

Reactions: imrodee
Helen,

Normally, you have to take the robot out of the pool about once a week to clean the filter basket.. Since the robot comes with a weekly timer, I can't think of any reason that it needs to be controlled by the Easytouch. But if that is what you want, the S200 can be controlled like Casey mentioned above.

Taking it out once a week, and laying the cable on the deck for a few hours in the hot, sun also helps keep the cord from tangling.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I spoke to Margaret at Marina Pool, Spa & Patio. She is a super nice lady! I explained my pool layout to her, and she said for my pool, with all the obstacles she thought the S300 or the M600. I ordered the M600 with the cart. I've got ledges, seats, grotto steps an attached spa, and 2 spillovers in a kidney-shaped pool. She thought the dual drive might handle all the nooks and crannies. She is shipping it out today. Thanks for the recommendations!

That is why we love recommending them, they listen to what people need and recommend the best option for your pool not there pocketbook :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.