Easy Touch Circuit Board

Paul1973

May 9, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I sent ou circuit board out for repair. There was no comm to the main pump and to my screen logic app on my phone.

Everything is hooked up correctly. Before the board was repaired the LCD panel said no comm to the main pump. That message is gone now, but I am still not getting communication to the main pump or the Screenlogic app? It will not turn on from the app or the panel button.

Also, I was told that the LCD on the main pump should read “not active” if it was communicating. It is not saying that. The app on my phone gives this alert and it did not before.
Any help is appreciated. 1620577178862.png
1620577178862.png

Paul,

Will ScreenLogic now control things like your pool light, or turn on a spa blower, or anything else???

When the pump is connected to the main board, the pump's display should say "Display not active" UNLESS you are in the Service mode.. In the Service mode the pump is in the standalone mode.

If you can control things with ScreenLogic, then that says the com port in the EasyTouch is working. If you have the wire from the pump connected correctly, and the pump does not see the EasyTouch, it could be a bad cable connection or unfortunately, a bad RS-485 chip inside the pump control head.

Do you have the air and water temp sensors connected to the main board??

Show us some pics of the back of the main board with everything connected.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Paul,

Will ScreenLogic now control things like your pool light, or turn on a spa blower, or anything else???

When the pump is connected to the main board, the pump's display should say "Display not active" UNLESS you are in the Service mode.. In the Service mode the pump is in the standalone mode.

If you can control things with ScreenLogic, then that says the com port in the EasyTouch is working. If you have the wire from the pump connected correctly, and the pump does not see the EasyTouch, it could be a bad cable connection or unfortunately, a bad RS-485 chip inside the pump control head.

Do you have the air and water temp sensors connected to the main board??

Show us some pics of the back of the main board with everything connected.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the reply Jim,

I had to get a new board. Everything works the way it should now. I was told the old board was not repairable.

This is a few months old so I’m sure you found a fix , but for anyone else reading this in the future … you need to go into the easy touch and set the pump # 1 ( if it’s the only pump ) up as a VS ( if an intelliflo/pro VS which is the most common ) and also set the pump address ( shouldn’t have to do this since you didn’t change the drive on the pump ) . Hope this helps someone in the future .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.