Easy touch 8 pool and spa lights don’t come on

Apr 17, 2018
Apple valley ca
So just for fun tonight I fired up the screen logic to turn on the pool and spa light, and nothing. Screen logic says they are on, but nothing. Went out to the panel to manually turn them on, and i hear the circuit click, the panel light illuminates, but just darkness. I have a J&D LED spa and pool light, and two pentair glo brites. The glo brites have a pentair 300 watt transformer that they run through. The others are high voltage.

Need some insight. Thanks!

Is the light gfci in the breaker or going through an outlet?

Try turning the light breaker off and then back on.

If you have an outlet on the side of the box, try resetting the gfci button.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to clarify, the breaker is a standard breaker with no gfci and the outlet gfci won't reset even with the lights disconnected?

This is how it seems.

The breaker is standard 15a. The gfci will not reset,

I disconnected the light wires from the black screw down sections in the panel. However each of the three that they are connected to have a jumper wire connecting them. Before I replace the gfci tomorrow, I’m going to open the jbox and disconnect the lights there. Just to be sure.

Ok, the equipment isn't old, so it's unusual that it would be having problems.

Hopefully, you will be able to get it resolved tomorrow.

Note that the little Reset button can be difficult to reset. Sometimes, I can't get it to reset with my finger. Sometimes, I have to use a tool to get it to reset.

Last edited:

Note that the little Reset button can be difficult to reset. Sometimes, I can't get it to reset with my finger. Sometimes, I have to use a tool to get it to reset.

Thank you for the advice. I did use a screw driver to assist in resetting the gfci. I’ll check back after I replace the outlet.

It was the GFCI. Lights work again. Thanks for walking me through some troubleshooting.

Ok, thanks for the update. It's unusual for it to fail at this point, but it can happen.

:goodjob:
I had a cover on the gfci outlet that had the foam weather seal between the body of the cover and the easy touch housing, however it had a clear lift able cover which allows for an extension cord to be plugged in. I believe that allowed too much atmosphere and dust debris to foul the outlet. I upgraded to a more weather resistant outlet cover.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.