easy question about my numbers.

Jan 4, 2017
matawan NJ
OK, big 4th of July bash tomorrow (well, not big, but big enough for me, 18-20 people, mostly kids) Here are my numbers this morning. All very good but a couple borderline. Should i add anything, or leave as is???? I know what i'm leaning towards, but not certain it's correct or "should do"...

FC - 3.5-4
CC - 0
PH - 7.6
CH - 150
TA - 70
CYA - 70
phosphates - 200ish
salt - 3200

I would bump up your FC level by a few PPM with liquid chlorine before you let them kiddies in the pool ;)

I would test the water after the party and add additional liquid if needed.

I actually bumped up my SWG from 45% to 55%. You think that will add more by tomorrow, or should i still add bleach?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you showing pool store tests when you have a TF100?

Those are my numbers from the TF100 i just took myself a short time ago

If your CYA is really 70, then I think you FC is a bit low. I know min recommended for salt water is 3, but I prefer to run mine on the higher end of the recommended range. I keep mine around 6-7 most of the time. If i have people coming, I might even bump it up another point.

I would just add bleach. Faster then trying to let the cell try to bump it up.

thanks all. I put in 1 jug of 8.3 bleach (about121oz). Should bump FC up to about 8 or so. I'll leave everything else alone for now and test after tomorrow. Glad i asked cause i was going to leave everything alone since it was ok, but now thinking after your input, with all those kids, much bette to have a higher FC level than lower. Thanks again!!!!

and yes, i had a phosphate test from my rookie year (last year ;) and just used it since i had it...

Sorry == no reason to mess with phosphates so tests that show them are automatically considered pool store tests -----

I would not mess with the SWCG. I don't. Just add 10-15% of CYA in FC just before the party. Check FC after and dose back to target.

I didn't know the TF100 tested for phosphates?? As stated above I would raise the FC up to the 8-10 range at least an hour before the guest arrive.

Sorry == no reason to mess with phosphates so tests that show them are automatically considered pool store tests -----

I would not mess with the SWCG. I don't. Just add 10-15% of CYA in FC just before the party. Check FC after and dose back to target.
Please, don't apologize!! I appreciate the help, and especially the time and effort all you guys give!!!!!! I bought the phosphate test last year (at the suggestion of my pool store of course :)), and haven't used it since that day so figured i'd use it today for the party

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.