Dye test

I have lost an average of 0.6" daily. The water level is now almost below the openings of the skimmers, and I'm curious to see if it stops there. The day that I did the dye test, I ran out of dye before I made my way around to the second skimmer (have two). I have now bought more dye and am planning to use it inside the light niche, but I'm tempted to wait a little bit and see if the water continues to drop below skimmer level.

Last edited:
There's barely any water going into the skimmers now (half an inch or so), so I decided to dye test those openings while there was still some usable water there. I did find a space in the plastic, just next to where the flap door would normally be, where the dye appeared to enter if I very carefully let out a slow steady stream. I have attached a picture. The space is near the middle of the picture (you can see some stray purple dye leading up to it).

I want to try to seal this up and see if the water level continues to drop. What is the best stuff to use?

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_112747.jpg
    IMG_20191012_112747.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
pf,

I use LeakMaster by Anderson pool repair putty.. I get mine at Amazon..

That said, having a skimmer without the weir (flapper door) makes the skimmer about 80% less effective.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.