Duoclear 60 Lights Flickering

marksmithy69

Jul 15, 2019
Ottawa
Hi everyone. I just came across this website while looking for some issues I am having with my Zodiac Duoclear 60. I am brand new to the pool world, so please forgive me if I sound like a novice. I bought a house last year with an inground pool, which has a Duoclear 60 generator. Lately however, the system seems a little wonky. The lights on the panel flicker sometimes. If I increase the chlorine output, the next light will flicker. Sometimes the panel will go out all together. If I come back and try again later, it sometimes works. Also, should I have to turn the panel on again every morning. I shut my pump off over night, and when it comes on again in the morning, the panel is usually off. Sometimes it comes back on on its own though. Maybe I should try cleaning the cell? Thanks so much for any advice.

Duoclear manuals are here --> Zodiac DuoClear | Zodiac Pool Systems

The SWG should turn off when your pump turns off. What type of timer or automation do you have controlling the pump time?

There is a troubleshooting manual here --> https://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/tl/tl-2505.pdf?force=1

If you are handy you can open up the panel and see what the board looks like.

Cleaning the cell will not fix controller display problems. And cleaning the cell reduces the life of the cell every time you acid wash it. Have you looked at the cell and see if you have any scale on the plates?

Note that we don;t recommend using the Nature2 system. IT adds minerals to your pool that are unnecessary and can cause stains. Likely your Nature2 cartridge is used up and I would not replace it. Just leave the empty cartridge in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.