Duck Plugs?

I have used duck plugs since they came out and have never had an issue.

Me too. We sold our house with the pool a few months ago but agreed to help the new owner (friends) close the pool. I use solid screw in with rubber gasket plugs in all the returns but the last one, which gets a gizmo and the rubber cover snapped over it.

Now the skimmer plug/plate has failed every single year. Total POS but I had to try just because of the auto cover and not wanting to drain below the skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the duck plugs (one-way pool valve). Works for me and this allows you to winterize your lines by yourself. You don't need someone working the compressor and another person plugging off the lines.

definitely use a gizmo in the skimmer. I do not drain my water down at all but I live in Georgia. It does get extremely cold some during winter but not all winter long like it does up North.

As far as trusting anyone to straighten out their messes, I don't trust anyone. Not after I paid 40,000.00 to a pool contractor to remodel my inground pool and then had to get someone else to correct his mess.

I prefer to do everything myself but at 79 I just can't do it any more. I do close my pool and lawn sprinkler system with the help of a fellow that helps me all the time.

As far as trusting anyone to straighten out their messes, I don't trust anyone. Not after I paid 40,000.00 to a pool contractor to remodel my in ground pool and then had to get someone else to correct his mess. I prefer to do everything myself but at 79 I just can't do it any more. I do close my pool and lawn sprinkler system with the help of a fellow that helps me all the time.

I understand. Had many issues with my PB and now I preach to people on how they should handle a contractor. Unfortunately most people who want a pool, often overlook what is in the contract and exactly what recourse they have if there is a problem. The homeowner, one way or another gets blamed for everything. Most people do not want to fight with the PB as they believe if something happens, the PB will not show up to their door. The sad part is most contracts only guarantee the plumbing and most other items for 1 full year. How could you possibly know if you have an underground leak (and one year goes pretty quickly).

Me too. We sold our house with the pool a few months ago but agreed to help the new owner (friends) close the pool. I use solid screw in with rubber gasket plugs in all the returns but the last one, which gets a gizmo and the rubber cover snapped over it. Now the skimmer plug/plate has failed every single year. Total POS but I had to try just because of the auto cover and not wanting to drain below the skimmer.

I found the screw in type leak air, while the black rubber plugs are fine in the return jets. For the skimmers, if the Gizmo's were cross threaded, you could use rubber plugs and then leave the Gizmo in the skimmer to absorb the ice. you can also leave a 1/4 gallon of pool anti-freeze in a smaller bottle to absorb any ice as this would work as well. I install the Gizmo's very carefully not to strip the cheap plastic threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.