Duck eggs near the pool

George D

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2017
Bellmore, NY
Hi all.
I have seen ducks come and go before by my pool in the spring only but today I found a nest with duck eggs. 2 ducks have been spotted in the morning every day.
I left the nest undisturbed with about 8 eggs.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like a yummy breakfast.

Depends how much of a conservationist you are. Ducks imprint and will return to where they were born. Other critters may find the eggs and eat them before they hatch. You can leave them alone and observe what happens.

Ducks in your pool make a mess and duck poop stains the bottom of pools.

I have had ducks around my pool for a year and they laid eggs but the squirrels got to them before they hatched. The ducks disappeared from the neighborhood after a big thunderstorm.

Check out my post on this thread below. If the ducklings hatch, mama duck will make a flight school out of your pool that will last two to three months. My in-laws kept them around...only a couple survived the predators.

Thanks for the suggestions and the informative post.
. I will scare the duck away and unfortunately, break the eggs.

I just want to point out that it may be illegal to destroy the eggs. Don't want you to get in trouble so check out your laws.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.