Dry dirt for leveling????

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
What can we use to help dry out our setup area? The neighbors lawn guy left a hose on & it’s a muddy mess now. We were planning to level this weekend. Not happening. Is there something I can mix with the mud to dry it out faster? Someone said to get some lime, but I wanted to hear it here.lol

Y’all are in the 80s by now, aren’t you? I would think a day or two with no rain would dry things out. Heck, here it would just be a few hours!

Thanks. Our weather has been oddly cool lately, Kelly. It’s usually scorching by now. We were out of town for a week, so it ran straight onto our pool area for 4 days before we got home and noticed it. It’s supposed to be raining next weekend so I was hoping for something a little faster so we could get the ground leveled before the rain so that it could compact it more.

The only thing that will dry out the ground is time and warm weather.

I just want to update in case anyone else runs into this issue. We used the lime. I am amazed at how fast it dries it up. You just spread about an inch over the top of the mucky area. Leave it about an hour & it’s crazy how it gets the ground to harden. And I spoke with a construction guy & he said he swears by it. After it sits for the hour, just grade it into the soil. So excited that SOMETHING has gone right.lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.