Dry dirt for leveling????

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
What can we use to help dry out our setup area? The neighbors lawn guy left a hose on & it’s a muddy mess now. We were planning to level this weekend. Not happening. Is there something I can mix with the mud to dry it out faster? Someone said to get some lime, but I wanted to hear it here.lol

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Y’all are in the 80s by now, aren’t you? I would think a day or two with no rain would dry things out. Heck, here it would just be a few hours!

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
Thanks. Our weather has been oddly cool lately, Kelly. It’s usually scorching by now. We were out of town for a week, so it ran straight onto our pool area for 4 days before we got home and noticed it. It’s supposed to be raining next weekend so I was hoping for something a little faster so we could get the ground leveled before the rain so that it could compact it more.

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
I just want to update in case anyone else runs into this issue. We used the lime. I am amazed at how fast it dries it up. You just spread about an inch over the top of the mucky area. Leave it about an hour & it’s crazy how it gets the ground to harden. And I spoke with a construction guy & he said he swears by it. After it sits for the hour, just grade it into the soil. So excited that SOMETHING has gone right.lol