BuckeyeMan

Sep 17, 2021
Maricopa, Az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was told in June by the pool guy, that I should drain pool because that is what I need to do to keep the pool stabilized. Bought house spring of last year and he has been tending to it since. Since I bought the house a little over a year ago, they check and brush/skim the pool and add chemicals as needed. In the spring this year they also took all four cartridges out of filter and hosed them off and re-installed. Charged me 150 to clean filter cartidges, and stated that would cost me somewhere around $200 for them to drain/fill and add chemicals once full again. Pool is getting expensive to maintain with those two things and $110 a month for them to clean once a week. Any advice about draining and refilling myself?

Hi and welcome. Someone will be along shortly with some fun links and suggestions. While you wait, order yourself a TF-100 test kit or a K-2006 and start reading the pool school articles. Fire the pool company and take charge! After your initial investment in a quality test kit, I'll bet you spend $150 maybe less a year. You will be over whelmed at first but there is plenty of free help here and soon you will wish you came sooner. I spend maybe 10 minutes a week on our pool. If you have a salt generator it is too easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.