Oct 9, 2022
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
TF-Pro Kit Readings after draining and refill:

FC 0.0 pH 8.2 TA 110 CH 300. CYA 0? (Black dot didn't disappear)

It appears we have high pH, alkalinity and calcium. Did I err with the CYA test?

Read about liquid bleach. What brand/description best for pool? Ever increasing CH major issue for me.

Best item/brand to lower pH?

Same to lower Alkalinity?

Just became Gold Supporter in appreciation of all this site and you members have done to educate/help me. Thank you! I truly appreciate you!

It appears we have high pH, alkalinity and calcium. Did I err with the CYA test?
The PH is high, lower with Muriatic Acid per PoolMath. High readings all test the same. It may be a 9 or it may be an 8.2. Test, dose to 7.6, test again and repeat until it's a 7.

The TA isn't bad at all and will come down on its own as you manage the PH.

The CH while high for fill water is great for today. Unfortunately it will start climbing immediately. Do you have a water softener you can use for fill water ? Many in your region added them to prolong the need to drain the pool, replace the dishwasher / water heater
Read about liquid bleach. What brand/description best for pool? Ever increasing CH major issue for me
Pool essentials chloronating liquid in the pool aisle / outdoor garden section at Walmart or Lowes.

HDX chlorinating liquid in the outdoor garden section of Home Depot.

Liquid pool shock / chlorinating liquid from any pool store.

Check the date codes for fresh supply. You want 3 months old or less, preferably much less.

Just became Gold Supporter in appreciation of all this site and you members have done to educate/help me
THANKS for helping ensure we are here for you and everybody else next time !!!

I see your signature states "Leslie's Pool Supply for water testing". Pool store rest results aren't accurate.
Do you have your own test kit? If so, what brand and model number. Test Kits Compared

In Gilbert, a CH from non-softened tap water is usually in the 200-250 ppm range - so a CH of 300 on a drain/fill is pretty good (if those results are accurate).

You can also get liquid chlorine at A&M Corsons pool supply on McQueen and Warner if that's convenient for you. They have a few other east valley locations as well. No idea what the going prince is these days as I have a SWG.

EDIT - disregard the question on the test kit - I see you have the TF-Pro kit. Add that info to your signature and drop the Leslies part.

9660 gallon pool

Have muriatic acid: Approximate initial dose?

Liquid chlorine: Approximate initial dose?

Pool Autofill. We have a water softener system but it isn't connected to exterior lines or Pool Autofill. Should I shut off Autofill and carry water from interior spigot as needed? Happy to do so if it will help! Further, any articles advising if I can connect water softener to outside line?

THANK YOU!

Use PoolMath to compute the required doses.

Since you have a water softener, any possibility to plumb it from the garage (assuming that's where the softener is) to the autofill?
I ran a softener line thru the garage wall, to a backflow preventer, into the ground and piped it to the autofill.

Do you have any granular CYA? Use the sock method to get about 40 ppm dissolving now - use PoolMath to calculate that dose amount tool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.