Drain water with automatic cover?

bhubb

Jan 4, 2016
KS
I have a solid automatic safety cover, gizmos and L shaped pvc fittings that go above water level for returns. Can i install all of these and blow out without draining or should i drain below skimmer? Cover sags so much when i drain below skimmers. I have drained in the past but this is a brand new cover and do not want to put unneeded stress on it.

Auto-covers are designed to rest on the pool water. You will damage the auto-cover if you drain the pool and close the auto-cover.

If you are going to drain, you must fully open the auto-cover and use a separate winter cover for the off season.

We never drain. Get a skimmer plug or aquadoor skimmer cover
I too have an autocover. Want to use it to close for winter. I bought Aquadoors for my 2 skimmers. Do I have to drain to below skimmer just to install Aquadoor? And then refill to support autocover. I'd like to avoid having to drain at all. Is there another product I can use to keep water out of skimmer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.