Drain Pool after two seasons due to high CH?

In Phoenix...My PB recommends partially draining the pool every off season by 1/3 to keep the CH level in check.

I'm in Gilbert, SE of Phoenix, and that is what I previously did during the off season. It added less than $10 to my water bill for the month and did not raise my sewer fees if you choose the correct month (based upon how your municipality computes your sewer bill). I recently changed the pool makeup water over to soft water. It was an easy change and I have enough capacity in the softener to not cause excessive regeneration.

Early in my addition process I'm what I would call rapid firing the drops as I know I'm going to be at least 25+ drops in before the color starts changing. This may have resulted in less reagent per drop. towards the end I'm definietly doing slow drops. Also holding vertically. About 1 second between later drops as well.

I'll test again going slowly.

I see no build-up on my waterline.

I hear you - that was the way I initially did it. When you already know it's over 500+, it's hard to be disciplined and go slow with the drops.

Looking forward to hearing what your reading is after a re-test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.