Drain cover - anti- entrapment required?

Sep 29, 2017
Miami, FL
I have an in-ground spa attached to my pool with dual drains. The covers have broken and I need to replace. Am I now required to replace with anti-entrapment covers? If not any ideas the make/model of the attached cover pic? Thanks.

Attachments

• drain.png
    drain.png
    386.6 KB · Views: 21
I have an in-ground spa attached to my pool with dual drains. The covers have broken and I need to replace. Am I now required to replace with anti-entrapment covers? If not any ideas the make/model of the attached cover pic? Thanks.
Anti-entrapment covers are all anyone sells in America, so yes. I have found a few here and there but I'm not looking for any of the old drain covers.

All new main-drain covers meet VGB standards. That doesn't mean the sump does, but residential pools don't need to, yet. I have installed many of these (including in my own spa):

AQUASTAR 10" RETROFIT UNIVERSAL SUCTION OUTLET COVER - VGB - WHITE - A10RCFR101​

AquaStar A10RCFR101 Drain Covers

Especially if you use the spa you should replace that suction cover to avoid issues.
They come with most all the hardware and instructions you will need. There are others, but these seem to work best for me.

All new main-drain covers meet VGB standards. That doesn't mean the sump does, but residential pools don't need to, yet. I have installed many of these (including in my own spa):

AQUASTAR 10" RETROFIT UNIVERSAL SUCTION OUTLET COVER - VGB - WHITE - A10RCFR101​

AquaStar A10RCFR101 Drain Covers

Especially if you use the spa you should replace that suction cover to avoid issues.
They come with most all the hardware and instructions you will need. There are others, but these seem to work best for me.
Would this cover be anti-entrapment compliant or do I need the whole drain assembly - Seems like from what I have read it is the VGB replacement for what i shown in the pic I posted?

Reactions: Ignoramus
If the screw holes in the new Hayward cover match the existing mounting ring, then yes that is all you need. If not, you can drill new holes and put in plastic anchors and that will work also.

I like the retro-fit covers because they come with adapters and other parts that allow them to be used with virtually all existing main drains. You can find them by looking up that phrase, "retro fit main drain cover." The picture I attached earlier was just for reference. You would likely only need an 8" cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.