Drain and refill. Vinyl pool without a tarp, and sand question

Finley

Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
We had our land professionally leveled, but our 15x48 Easy Set pool was about 5 inches off level. Of course, we are draining it, and the landscaper is coming back this week to fix it for no charge.

This time around we’re deciding not to use the tarp underneath the pool. It looks messy, even with it tucked underneath. The pool will be going on sand, and the hole the landscaper dug and filled with sand is pretty deep, so I doubt we’ll have to worry about grass growing through it. Is there anything else I need to worry about without a tarp?

Around the pool, I will put plastic lawn edging a few inches out so the sand doesn’t wash away. I have a couple of bags of play sand that I want to put around the pool to cover up the tabs from the edging (it’s no dig, so there are tabs, spikes and you use a mallet to drive the spikes in the tab holes) and I think it will look nice with sand around it. Just want to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong here. I’ve never owned a pool or even done anything outside before, so I don’t have the common sense I should yet.

The tarp is simply insurance for your pool liner bottom because if that gets torn, it's a complete mess. Having the area dug-up and filled with sand seems like a safe play as long as the sand does indeed remain in place and nothing is left behind like a tiny stick, rock, etc. Seems like if you used a tarp you would be able to conceal (or trim) the exposed portions of the tarp all around the pool, but it's your call really. Hope the next level and fill goes better for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.