Silver Supporter
Dec 10, 2020
Round Rock, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just got back from a vacation...9 days. Prior to leaving I had my FC at 16 accidentally, I was shooting for 12, but over shot!
I turned off my Chlorinator since it was at 16.
I was not too concerned since I knew it was going to rain hard for a couple of days, which it did.
I had to drain some water & vaccum before testing, and there were a bunch of leaves and bugs in the water.
The water looked a little cloudy, but not very much.

Got home last night, tested this morning and FC was at 0...CC was at .05 (I think, more on this later).
I added 50oz of LC and my FC came up to .5?? Added another 16oz FC came up to 1.5, added another 24oz FC came up to 3.0, added another 32oz and FC came up to 4.5.
A total of 122oz of LC added to get to FC 4.5 and CC at .5.

Now here's my question:
When testing with DPD, for CC, when I add R-0871 the water turns clear with one drop.
However, if I wait a few minutes it starts to turn pinkish red, and every time I add one drop it clears, but then turns pinkish red again after a few minutes.
It never gets darker or lighter, just the same shade of pinkish red.
Is this normal or do I have high CC?
I never noticed this, but then again I never waited after the water gets clear from the R-0871.
CYA = 30
CH = 125
PH = 7.8
TA = 90 (had to add Alkalinity Increaser)
Borates = 80
Temp 80

Water looks clearer now and normal, I'll check in the morning again to see where my FC is at.
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give as much info as possible, so y'all know where/what I did.

Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You will just frustrate yourself to micromanage TA. Just keep pH in the 7's. The TA is the least important value we monitor in TFPC.
Now that's good to know!
My PH has been at 7.8 for the longest of time, I never had to manage it so far. I even made a bubbler just in case I had to increase it, but never used it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.