Doughboy plastic rails instead of metal?

Jul 7, 2013
Hey guys. Not sure if I'm explaining this right. We are 2 years into our doughboy and love it. I have a saltwater system which I have barely need to touch to have my chemistry correct. Problem is and I knew this when they were installing is the metal rails. Does anyone know if I can buy these in plastic or would I have to buy them in steel against and maybe cost them? Getting to the point where some rust is getting on the liner. I love near the beach as well but several miles. Pic below. Thanks in advance

91fa3afb479d1bf7f93dbbac29cabc13.jpg

I think you would need to contact doughboy and see if they have a resin top rail that would fit your pool. The other solution would be to replace the top rails and spray them with a rust proofing finish to prevent rust. That would probably need to be done annually.

I should clarify. I have resin top rails. These are long metal clips that hold the liner in place under the resin rails.

Maybe call Doughboy. Or maybe its the salt. Could the environment be humid and salty, causing the rust?
We have had our pool for 11 years and the metal clips only have a little rust after all these years. But we don't have a SWG. We just add bags of salt in the beginning of the swim season.

The clips need to hold the coping tightly in place, so I don't think plastic clips would hold up well.

Could you put where you are located in your profile signature?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.