Dolphine S300 Trouble shooting

A1Texan

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2018
Austin, Texas
My "Flipper" is only cleaning about 20 minutes before stopping. I checked and nothing is stuck in the rollers. The cord is not tangled and has plenty of free space. I've gone to their web site and tried everything they suggested. I turned everything off and unplugged, restarted and the same happens. One thing I have done is leave the little bugger in the pool 24/7 the last few weeks. Any thoughts on what to look for? Thanks

My only other thought is the impeller, but it does appear to work, albeit briefly, so that's not it. Possibly a power supply issue. Still under warranty? I'd keep an eye on the power supply for the 20 minutes that it's working just to see if the display changes. Not a sure-fire indicator, but if its internal timing is crapping out after 20 minutes then it may be the power supply.

A1,

Not much troubleshooting that you can really do.. If under warranty I would call the place where you bought it or Maytronics..

The only other option would to find another user close by and see if you can swap power supplies for a quick test.. If you found the problem was the power supply, it might be easier and cheaper to get a new power supply than anything else...

Sorry for the problems,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim - I made a rookie mistake. I wasn't telling it full or quick cycle. I went through all the steps again and that is what I was missing. All is good with flipper now and back in his house.

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 24
Lonnie,

I have the S200 at a rent house and I don't beleive that I have a quick cycle option..

But I guess I was under the impression that the quick cycle on the S300 was an hour and not 20 minutes.. I just can't see any reason to only run for 20 minutes.. :scratch: What the heck would that be for?

Thanks for the feedback as it might help others making the same mistake.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Lol, nice out house complete with the tell tale robot cable. Even a washtub on the side begging to be transformed into a washtub bass. Good use of old fence boards.

Jim,
I didn't have anything checked so it just ran a bit before stopping. Maybe the default went to the quick cycle. It could have been 30 minutes but at least it's working now. Had me worried.

Oly - The outhouse is still a work in progress...LOL It also houses my smaller garden tools.

Update - The same error message kept popping up so I sent it off to Marina Pools and they said it was an issue with the motor and will be covered under warranty. Should be getting "flipper" back soon. I'm getting tired of the hose...LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.