Dolphin worth $200?

johnkim2020

Aug 2, 2020
Canada
Hi I’m debating between s200/active20 vs s300/active30

The price difference is $200.

Apparently the wifi/Bluetooth feature is not that useful so the caddy is the only selling point.

Is it worth paying $200 for that alone or I should just DiY with some wooden cart?

I was in your exact situation and chose the Active30. I was going to get a caddy anyway so it was basically a free upgrade to the bluetooth. Although I agree, it is essentially useless. I wanted the caddy because I don't want to leave my bot in the pool all the time. I toss it in, let it do its thing, and remove it. I could lug it around but it is easier having the caddy to hang on to the power supply and cord. Then it gets wheeled into my pool float storage locker to live out of the sun.

I certainly could have built a caddy/cart, but I would have had to design it, source all of the parts, then put off other projects (which are still getting put off) to build it. For me, my time and the ease of use was worth the extra $$$ to just purchase it.

--Jeff

Attachments

• Float locker.JPG
    Float locker.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: johnkim2020
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.