Katy, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
About to make the leap into robotic cleaners. I've done a lot of research and lean toward the Maytronics / Dolphin product line.

I can sort through which features I want to pay for, but one basic design difference I see in the product line has me wondering about the specific pluses and/or minuses associated with it. Some models have two smaller individual filter baskets. Other models have a single larger basket in the center of the robot. What are the pro's and con's you've observed with that one distinction?

Never having used any of these, it *seems* a single, larger basket might have advantages. At least it's simpler in the obvious way, only one assembly to take out, rinse and put back. But the internal plumbing has to be different to accommodate the single basket versus two basket design, and I have no idea whether that design difference might impact performance in ways that are hard to anticipate for one basket versus two basket models.

Secondary question: best to just to go with the straight Dolphin-labeled product, or do the other brands that Maytronics manufactures robots for (e.g., Pentair) offer performance advantages not available in Dolphin branded models?

Thanks for the help! 🏊‍♂️💦🐬

B-man,

The dual small filter units are from an older design..

The newer units all have the large center single basket.

I like the large single basket design much better . Much easier to clean in my opinion.

Dolphin makes the same basic robot under many different names.. Other than color and minor cosmetic changes they are all the same.

Before you buy you should contact Margaret and see what she has in stock. Best price, shipping and advice.

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

You have to call to make it an in-house sale.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Brushman
Single basket - the other is garbage in comparison.

Second the recommendation for Marina. I don't believe Wifi/Bluetooth or any of the features over the basic robots is worth the $$.

Reactions: Brushman
Thanks guys. good to know and appreciate the help. Since I'd read a ton of threads and posts, Margaret was already on my to do list! ✌️

Reactions: newdude
B-man,

The dual small filter units are from an older design. The newer units all have the large center single basket ...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim, that means I'll stick with the single basket design. Looks like I'm down to the Triton vs the Nautilus CC Pro. Any advice on pros cons between those two?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.