Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

After being on the fence between the M400 and the Polaris 9650iQ, I elected to go with the M400. My primary reason for the decision was my uncertainty if the Polaris would spin around on the main drains like my old Dolphin DX4 did.

Overall, I'm happy with the M400. It weighs 25lbs or so, so it's a "beast" in that respect. It cleaned my pool yesterday fine during its first run (using the mesh filters...haven't tried the accordian, finer filters yet). I cleaned the filters and put it away for the night.

Today I ran it again...only to find it stopped well before the 2-1/2 hour cycle time was over. The power supply had a yellow light on the "full filter" indicator. I took it out, but there was really nothing in the filters. I cleaned them anyway, and put it back in. It stopped again before the 2-1/2 hour cycle time was complete...with the same indicator light on the power supply. This time, I noticed one of the filter "doors" wasn't shut all the way, and I'm not sure, but doubt it was like that when I put it in.

I'll try it again tomorrow (got swimmers headed over today) and see what happens.

After being on the fence between the M400 and the Polaris 9650iQ, I elected to go with the M400. My primary reason for the decision was my uncertainty if the Polaris would spin around on the main drains like my old Dolphin DX4 did.

Overall, I'm happy with the M400. It weighs 25lbs or so, so it's a "beast" in that respect. It cleaned my pool yesterday fine during its first run (using the mesh filters...haven't tried the accordian, finer filters yet). I cleaned the filters and put it away for the night.

Today I ran it again...only to find it stopped well before the 2-1/2 hour cycle time was over. The power supply had a yellow light on the "full filter" indicator. I took it out, but there was really nothing in the filters. I cleaned them anyway, and put it back in. It stopped again before the 2-1/2 hour cycle time was complete...with the same indicator light on the power supply. This time, I noticed one of the filter "doors" wasn't shut all the way, and I'm not sure, but doubt it was like that when I put it in.

I'll try it again tomorrow (got swimmers headed over today) and see what happens.

If you haven't -- try holding down the reset button for a few moments and letting it go (the light should flash a few times and go off). Then run a new cycle.

I tried it again (switched to the accordion filter), and noticed the full filter light was still on (I hadn't unplugged it from the previous use). I held the reset button in, let it go, and watched the full filter light change to green. The robot went thru a full 2-1/2 hour cleaning cycle, and filter light was still green.

Hoping the full filter light was a one-off glitch, but for now the cleaner seem fine.

I have had the Dolphin Supreme M for four years. It has been awesome. I have recently purchased replacement filters. I noticed today when I took the bot out of the pool that it is missing one of the white foam wheels on the bottom rollers. Not sure what their purpose is, but is this something that can be replaced by a homeowner?

It's a climbing ring. Not entirely necessary if the robot still climbs the walls ok. It's relatively easy to replace, the wheel tubes pop off without having to remove any screws and the new climb rings come pre-soaked so they are malleable when wet, and you can just slip it on to the brush.

It's a climbing ring. Not entirely necessary if the robot still climbs the walls ok. It's relatively easy to replace, the wheel tubes pop off without having to remove any screws and the new climb rings come pre-soaked so they are malleable when wet, and you can just slip it on to the brush.

Wow, that must be why it no longer climbs the walls. I will look for replacements right away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Like others, I just unboxed my m500 and after every clean using the micro filters, the cartridge/filter full warning light turns red.

There’s no way it’s full as my pool floor is clean so I’m not sure if it’s a software bug or something else.

I’ve pushed reset a number of times, which resets the light, but after the next clean, the light turns red again.

Is there any way to permanently fix this since it seems to be a common occurrence?

Like others, I just unboxed my m500 and after every clean using the micro filters, the cartridge/filter full warning light turns red.

There’s no way it’s full as my pool floor is clean so I’m not sure if it’s a software bug or something else.

If you search back on old posts you will see that it seems to be a common issue ie. the filter full indicator illuminating way too early.

I think that feature is a bit hit & miss.

Not sure how they do the sensing internally (ie measure flow rate of water through robot or by some other means) but it does not seem reliable based on other people's experience in the past.

My brand new M400 suffers from the same thing. I've tried resetting it (as suggested here) and, while it clears the yellow "full filter" indicator for a time, it eventually comes back on with hardly anything in the filter.

I was just hoping that the latest models, with I’m assuming the latest software, wouldn’t have suffered the same issue.

It doesn’t appear to affect functionality at all as my m500 is keeping the pool amazingly clean.

My guess is there's a lot of IF/THEN logic going on in the brain box related to the load on the impeller related to how much water flow there is. Using the fine filter=more impeller load=less water flow=closer to "full". The unit doesn't know what set of filters it has inside of it so that one IF/THEN function is being used for both filters.

i have had couple of time this issue. Whenever i reset, the device turned the green, but whenever it was not ; either it was full of dirt or dirt was around the hole.

By the way,did you noticed when this happening most, while pump on or off?

Just broke down and ordered the M500. I was pretty set on getting the S300 or S300i but I got on the phone with Marina and what can I say, I'm a sucker for wasting money... Really I figured spend a little more for a year longer warranty and get one that won't get stuck on the drains.

Is this cleaner overkill for my size pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.