LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a local dealer that has S50's for under 5 and they have a service center, I have a few questions.
Is the fine filter good enough or do you need to buy ultrafine? I am replacing a Pool rover that filtered to 3 microns and it picked up lots of pollen or dust I guess that we get in this area, I cannot find specs on Dolphin filters.
Does the brushing wear the liner?
Does the cord tangle much? My Rover always did.
This seems heavier than rover how do you get it out of pool? Pull by cord?
Do I really need a caddy? or can it be stored in shed?
Does it use Jet propulsion like the aquabot that mixes the water by shooting it upward?
When it hits a wall does it stop or keep trying?

I have an 15x30 AGP that I watched videos of treads spinning against walls and concerned about people mentioning pinholes.

The Pool rover lasted 8-9 seasons, things I did not like was cord tangling, I have an oval pool and where the pool goes inward a litter the rover would hit and kind of keep reset itself and only do a 1/3 of the pool.. It would get stuck on my ladder and sometimes would suck up the map under the liner and not move. So I had to spot check every 15 minutes. Otherwise it would work well cleaning and even filtering to some extent. I had an algae issue once and it was too fine for my sand flter but the Rover bag would turn solid green picking it up. Which is why I wondered about the filter.

Thanks

See my answers in line below...

I have a local dealer that has S50's for under 5 and they have a service center, I have a few questions.
Is the fine filter good enough or do you need to buy ultrafine? I am replacing a Pool rover that filtered to 3 microns and it picked up lots of pollen or dust I guess that we get in this area, I cannot find specs on Dolphin filters. * Get the fine filter. They are like having a second cartridge filter in your pool while its running. Also use a hair net on your skimmer to catch pollen and dog hair.
Does the brushing wear the liner? * No.
Does the cord tangle much? My Rover always did. * If it has a swivel, it won’t tangle much. Otherwise, it will tangle with each use. I can’t remember if the S50 added the swivel like the others did a few years ago.
This seems heavier than rover how do you get it out of pool? Pull by cord? * Yes, pull by the cord while under water. No stress on the robot. Use the handle to remove from the pool.
Do I really need a caddy? or can it be stored in shed? * Stored in a shed is fine. On block or on it’s side to keep from smooshing the brush flaps.
Does it use Jet propulsion like the aquabot that mixes the water by shooting it upward? * Yes.
When it hits a wall does it stop or keep trying? * It either climbs or reverses. I can’t remember if that robot cleans walls.

I have an 15x30 AGP that I watched videos of treads spinning against walls and concerned about people mentioning pinholes.

The Pool rover lasted 8-9 seasons, things I did not like was cord tangling, I have an oval pool and where the pool goes inward a litter the rover would hit and kind of keep reset itself and only do a 1/3 of the pool.. It would get stuck on my ladder and sometimes would suck up the map under the liner and not move. So I had to spot check every 15 minutes. Otherwise it would work well cleaning and even filtering to some extent. I had an algae issue once and it was too fine for my sand flter but the Rover bag would turn solid green picking it up. Which is why I wondered about the filter.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.