Dolphin S300i App Question

mytfpaccount

Jul 11, 2019
Memphis
I'm struggling to understand how the Dolphin S300i App works. Last evening around 8pm, I walked up to the cleaner and launched the app on my phone. Once the app found the cleaner, I launched the app and created a weekly timer to start ultra cleaning at 6am every day. After applying the weekly timer setting, I noticed that the power supply was blinking. I closed the app and walked away from the cleaner. This morning at 6:45am I noticed that the cleaner didn't start cleaning at 6am. The power supply didn't have any blinking light. I launched the app again and noticed that the weekly timer setting was no longer active. This has happened twice now and I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks!

Quick update.... after struggling with this issue, I decided to call Maytronics. Their customer support was useless. The guy on the phone told me he would email me troubleshooting guides. When I asked him if it was the same documentation that came in the box, he said he didn’t know what came in the box. I waited a couple of days and since I didn’t get any documentation in email, I decided to call the store I bought it from. The pool store asked me to bring in the device to troubleshoot. The guy at the store was very helpful. He used the dolphin technicians app and reset my power supply. After doing that the dolphin worked great and was doing what it needed to do. As soon as I was starting to get used to it, it started the same thing again in a week. This time I took the dolphin back to the pool store and asked for a replacement. The guy was very helpful and gave me a replacement dolphin and said that he will talk to maytronics about the defective dolphin. So far the replacement has been working great!!

I don’t really use that feature a lot so I can’t offer much help. Sounds like something was defective in the power supply. I’m glad you had a brick & mortar shop to bring it back to and get a replacement.

I will say that you are quite correct when it comes to Dolphin/Maytronics customer support - they are terrible at it. They make a very good product but they seem to care only about their distributors and sellers and they basically leave customer service to the shops that sell their products. It’s a very bad model of customer service and they deserve to be dinged for it. Their App support is atrocious as well.

It’s sad because they make a good product ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.