Dolphin S300 or something else?

DeeT

May 20, 2021
Bridgewater, NJ
Hello,

I am looking to get a new cleaner for our pool. Its a vinyl liner, inground, rectangular, chlorine pool that's about 15000 gallons and 18x36.I found the Dolphin S300 or S400 for $899 at a local pool shop. Is this a good deal? Would you recommend any other makes or models?

Great robot and that is a really good deal for a local pool shop. I think I was quoted around $1500 locally. There is a place in Colorado called Marina Pool and Spa that a lot of people here use, and they would save you a little on a Pentair Warrior, which is a just a rebranded Dolphin, but not that much. Your local pool shop is probably a good option at that price.

Reactions: setsailsoon
I got mine at Marina Pools and was thrilled with their service/advice. Went with the S 200 version. Two things are important to remember when selecting your robot in addition to the obvious stuff. If you want to have it scheduled such that you don't have to press the button every 5 days or so you can put it in automation mode and use an inexpensive smart plug... so you need automation mode. On the models I looked at the ones with Bluetooth capability had replacement cord price that was sky-high compared to those that don't. So I went with non-BT control. I don't think it's very usable anyway.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.