Mar 19, 2022
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all

Just dropped my new dolphin robot pool cleaner in the pool for the first time. Having a small issue - the leaves in the bottom of my pool seem to be clogging the vacuum port on the bottom, preventing the one way flap from closing all the way. Consequently, pollen and leaves spill out when I attempt to remove the robot from the pool when the cleaning cycle has completed.

What I'm doing as a work around is stopping it halfway through a cylce and dumping the basket and starting over. The thing is... i don't feel like there's a lot of leaves on the bottom of the pool, and they are small enough (Live Oak Leaves) that they should pass into the filter no problem.

Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it.

Check that nothing is stuck in the little springs of the flap door preventing proper action & subsequently causing a backup. Hair, threads,pine needle pieces get in mine sometimes so it doesn’t close all the way. Big clean up jobs - like after a storm do require frequent basket dumps.

Reactions: Newdude
Texas live oak leaves tend to have pointy tips. It’s easy for them to snag on the fabric of the one way flap bag. There’s no easy solution to the problem except to do as you have where you empty the basket about halfway through the cycle.

Which filter panels are installed in the filter basket - the ultra fine filters or coarse mesh panels?

I have the same problem. There’s no perfect fix but I’m going to try removing the sock, also may make an insert to hood the sock wide open and see if that works any better. Live oak leaves are the worst for some reason!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.