Dolphin Plus App- What happened to Pick Me Up function???

Wolfepack88

Gold Supporter
Jun 21, 2020
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My app updated to the new My Dolphin Plus and ran my robot for its first clean. Finished its clean and there is no function (even though the app store picture shows it) for it to Pick Me Up (i.e drive up to the surface). I scrolled through everything and it's not there. I had to use the cord. Why do they always have to change something that worked. How could this function disappear???

Last edited:
I upgraded my M500 to a M600 with the "Pick me Up" feature. The new generation cleaner is better in many ways for sure. However, the pick me up feature seems to be nothing more than a marketing hook. First of all, the pick me up feature is unreliable at best. If you can get it to respond, it does not really work. If you think about when you might use this feature, it's when you are finished cleaning and the robot has a bunch of dirt, leaves, etc., in is belly. The robot is so heavy, it can't climb the wall so you can reach it. You have to go back to gently pulling on the cable method link in the previous generation. If the cleaner does not have anything or not much of anything in it's belly, it seems to work sometimes. Too bad this really cool idea doesn't really work very well if at all.

I upgraded my M500 to a M600 with the "Pick me Up" feature. The new generation cleaner is better in many ways for sure. However, the pick me up feature seems to be nothing more than a marketing hook. First of all, the pick me up feature is unreliable at best. If you can get it to respond, it does not really work. If you think about when you might use this feature, it's when you are finished cleaning and the robot has a bunch of dirt, leaves, etc., in is belly. The robot is so heavy, it can't climb the wall so you can reach it. You have to go back to gently pulling on the cable method link in the previous generation. If the cleaner does not have anything or not much of anything in it's belly, it seems to work sometimes. Too bad this really cool idea doesn't really work very well if at all.
Mine climbs the wall when I click on pick me up without a hitch but it will go to the closest wall so that sometimes might not be the one I want then I go pull the cord to bring it over gently.

I just bought one and couldn't figure out how pick me up mode even works. This is what me screen looked like after it was done but no amount of tapping on that pick me up thing made anything happen. How is it supposed to work?
Screenshot_20220528-192841_MyDolphin +.jpg

I just bought one and couldn't figure out how pick me up mode even works. This is what me screen looked like after it was done but no amount of tapping on that pick me up thing made anything happen. How is it supposed to work?
View attachment 416473
You have to slide that icon to the right and then it will work. You don't tap, slide it to the right.

You have to slide that icon to the right and then it will work. You don't tap, slide it to the right.
Thanks! I finally figured that out a few hours ago (been in the pool!). :) Came in to post that I figured it out and here it is! LOL

Reactions: Wolfepack88
If it is picking up too much dirt, leaves, etc. in your pool that it makes it too heavy to climb the walls to pick it up, maybe you should clean it more often, utilize the schedule feature maybe. 😂

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.