West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm currently at work and do not have the specific model number, but my Dolphin doesn't work in the pool. When I start it, it goes forward then backwards then stops. When I take it out of the pool and turn it upside down, it appears to work properly (runs for a while in one direction before changing direction). Is there some sort of sensor that may be malfunctioning? Where would I begin troubleshooting the machine? All ideas are welcome.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer. I have a DX3, that has experienced some of the same problems, that worked themselves out...don't know how. Sadly, many owners of older Maytronics have found that dolphins/robots in general are wear items, and tend to, these days, be a total replacement.

Tried to find a thread that @JoyfulNoise posted in the last year on his unsuccessful attempts at repairing a robot, and his conclusions WRT robots...basically, 3-5 years is a good run. Maybe he will chime in...

Most probably water has leaked inside the motor. If you are DIY then have a look at this.

I had the same problem, my impeller motor was bad and I got warranty replacement …

Reactions: markayash
I'm on my 2nd M600 in less than 2 years, they all failed with water intrusion to the motor and the cords cracking/falling apart. The first one was removed after every cleaning cycle and was sent back 10+ times, 2nd one is less than a year old and is on trip #5 for repair.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.