Dolphin Nautilus keeps getting stuck on side wall

davesmnpool

May 13, 2023
Pine Springs, MN
I'm having an issue with my Dolphin Nautilus robotic pool cleaner. The unit turns on and starts to move but always gets stuck on the side of my rectangular pool. It would try to climb a side wall or stair, get up partially or all the way, then come down and turn to the side and become stuck. Attached are four photos of how the unit always ends up (usually after about 2 minutes of it being turned on). The unit was purchased last year and was used only for one season.

Please advise.

View attachment 39257
View attachment 39258
View attachment 39259

Michael
Did you ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same. It always wants to go to stairs then it goes on it's side and gets stuck.

I ran into this issue when I changed to the newer updated cable that came with a smaller float. Mine keep getting stuck on it's side where the pool floor and stair walls meet. It happens in shallow water. I took the old floats off the old cable and installed it on the Nautilus CC plus and has never got stuck since then. You can test out my theory by Zip tying a empty water bottle on the power cable. You can adjust the buoyancy by adding water into the bottle. You want to position the bottle under the water line where it would pull the cable up in a straight line with minimal slack. This assists the robot in staying up rather than on its side. Try it and post back your results. Maytronics's customer service is worthless. I've used a number their products for the past 12yrs, they performed well when they are 2yrs new, after that, 3 to 4 years go by, they start malfunctioning. They won't help troubleshoot how to fix the issue, they only refer you to their service centers which are also worthless.

Reactions: unbrokenlink
I also found over the years that the dirtier the water (ie, early in the season), the faster the filters get gross, the worse the suction is, and it can't climb the walls properly. When it falls off the wall too soon in the climb, it gets stuck on its side.

Your solution is very interesting, though. I may try that out.

I ran into this issue when I changed to the newer updated cable that came with a smaller float. Mine keep getting stuck on it's side where the pool floor and stair walls meet. It happens in shallow water. I took the old floats off the old cable and installed it on the Nautilus CC plus and has never got stuck since then. You can test out my theory by Zip tying an empty water bottle on the power cable. You can adjust the buoyancy by adding water into the bottle. You want to position the bottle under the water line where it would pull the cable up in a straight line with minimal slack. This assists the robot in staying up rather than on its side. Try it and post back your results. Maytronics's customer service is worthless. I've used a number their products for the past 12yrs, they performed well when they are 2yrs new, after that, 3 to 4 years go by, they start malfunctioning. They won't help troubleshoot how to fix the issue, they only refer you to their service centers which are also worthless.
Agreed they are the worst. Soon as you’re out of warranty they could care less. I’m having a similar issue where mine will go along the sidewalk and then it just keeps falling right off after I replaced it. I reattached both floats, but I don’t know what else could be the issue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.