Jan 21, 2021
Sugar Land, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

I called Marina to order the S200 but it's unavailable. I've been Googling "best robot pool cleaners" and the Dolphin Nautilus CC comes up on the lists quite often. Aside from the Nautilus being cheaper, what is the primary difference between it and the S200?

I have the A&A infloor cleaning system and my pool is very clean generally. I don't have much debris getting in, however I still have a couple of small spots that don't get cleaned by the infloor and I really want something that can brush for me, floor, walls, and waterline tile.

Should I wait for the S200 or order the Nautilus CC?

Thanks,
Neil

Neil,

The Nautilus is an older design.. It has dinky filters, and while it climbs the walls, it does not scrub the tile line like the S200 "style" robots do.

I've had several robots over the years and the S200 design is much, much better.

I currently have three S200 style robots and if one of them went bad today, I would not replace it with the Nautilus.

What did Marina tell you about new shipments of the S200 style robots? Did they explain that they often have S200 "style" robots that have all the same internal parts just different colors and names.. As an example: I have two S200's and one Warrior.. Other than color and trim they are identical.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Neil,

The Nautilus is an older design.. It has dinky filters, and while it climbs the walls, it does not scrub the tile line like the S200 "style" robots do.

I've had several robots over the years and the S200 design is much, much better.

I currently have three S200 style robots and if one of them went bad today, I would not replace it with the Nautilus.

What did Marina tell you about new shipments of the S200 style robots? Did they explain that they often have S200 "style" robots that have all the same internal parts just different colors and names.. As an example: I have two S200's and one Warrior.. Other than color and trim they are identical.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim.

Margaret told me that she does have a S200 style robot but then talked about filters being different or 1 less filter, which can be added for like $50 or something. She did say the S200 would be back by mid-Jan and put me on a waitlist...hopefully she'll call me as soon as it's available.

Neil

Reactions: Jimrahbe
I have the nautilus cc & it works well for my needs - above ground, vinyl liner. But wouldn’t work as well as a 200 series equivalent in your type of pool.

The Cc only has 1 brush (fine for vinyl, but not as effective for plaster) & doesn’t do tile line cleaning as jim mentioned. It lacks the extra propulsion to move horizontally once it has climbed the wall. It also doesn’t have the swivel cable.
Check out the spec differences here 👇
On this page you can narrow down your options by selecting your type of pool & the features u desire as there are quite a few w/ the same attributes as the s200👇

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.