Dolphin Nautilus CC - really limited to 33’?

yubbie2

Bronze Supporter
Apr 1, 2017
Houston, TX
Howdy

I’m deep in the throws of trying to figure out which robot to replace my Doheny Dolphin Discovery. I have a 15’x40’ plaster pool, with my power supply pretty much right in the middle of the 40’ side.
The nautilus comes with a 40’ cord, but says “ideal for 33’ pools”. Where does this number come from?
This is so freaking confusing. I’m trying to avoid spending $750-$800 on something that lasts 3 years and 1 month. I’d much rather aim for the $599 price point the next time around.

I think a lot of it depends on where your outlet is. If you can plug it in near the middle of the long side of your pool then it should have plenty of cord as it would only have to reach 20 feet in either direction. If you can only plug it on on the short side, then the 40 feet across the pool, plus an extra 8 or 10 feet across the deck to the outlet wouldn’t be long enough.

I second calling Marina pools...I just bought a pentair warrior SI from them but they have the warrior SE (same thing as an Active 20/S200, just different color scheme)... The SE was sub $700 (although just barely) and it has a 60' cord.

Might be worth it to pay the extra $100 and get the peace of mind that it's gonna reach all areas of the pool. Mine's a 40x20 and the warrior SI (same physically as SE just with bluetooth controls) works great so far.

yubbie2 said:
This is so freaking confusing. I’m trying to avoid spending $750-$800 on something that lasts 3 years and 1 month.

Pentair Warrior SE will be 699 minus 50 prepaid Visa Debit card, so 649

It likely will not last more than 3 years, much depending on how often it is used but the cord will easily handle your dimensions

Thanks everyone. Ended up buying the Pentair Warrior SE from Marina pools. I figured I could go for the $599 Nautilus, plus $75 Amazon extended warranty (extends 1 year to 3), plus tax, and hope the cord works - or..... spend $699 for a longer cord, potential rebate, no tax, and built in 2 year warranty + 1 from my credit card. Plus I have all the spare parts from my Dolphin (minus motor) in case something goes wonky.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.