Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus stopping - Have not seen this one before!

PoolBoy631

Jun 6, 2023
New York
Hello. Starting a new thread as I have read every single thing I can find and have not seen any issue which mimics what I am experiencing. I have a Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus, a few years old. Was working fine until this year. I put the cleaner in the pool and it starts and runs just fine for a few minutes and then it stops. Sounds typical, but it gets more interesting.

I have been through all the other topics (checked impeller, took it apart, testing cable, checked the swivel, took apart treads, etc.). What is unique about what I am experiencing is that it will run for 2.5 minutes every time and then stop on the first wall it attempts to climb after 2.5 minutes. If it is on a wall when it reaches 2.5 minutes, is stops and drops to bottom immediately. Prior to 2.5 minutes it runs perfectly, climbs walls, etc. I have timed it dozens of times and it stops at 2.5 minutes every time.

I ran the power supply independently from the robot and it turns on and does not turn off at 2.5 minutes, so I presume it is something in the robot that is shutting it down.

I have not taken apart the motor assembly yet to inspect bearings, brushes, etc. but was hoping for some helpful guidance before going the next step if folks have seen this behavior before.

UPDATE: I took apart the entire cleaner today and did not notice anything out of the ordinary. When putting it back together, I tested the robot at each step of the way.

The robot will run continuously if the blue cover is not on the robot! If I add the cover back on the robot, it stops every time. Please help. There is nothing in the cover that I can tell that will prevent the robot from running other than potentially impacting the water flow somehow. I even added weight to the robot with the cover off and it ran fine.

Thanks

Last edited:
Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: I'm afraid I don't have a good answer for your situation. :( Figured it was time to welcome you and try to give this question some visibility. Maybe another Dolphin owner can give you some ideas. Thanks for posting and enjoy the forum. :swim:

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: I'm afraid I don't have a good answer for your situation. :( Figured it was time to welcome you and try to give this question some visibility. Maybe another Dolphin owner can give you some ideas. Thanks for posting and enjoy the forum. :swim:
Thank you! So far, not luck. I have been on the phone with local dealers that have no idea on what this could be and they suggested contracting Maytronics. Did the chat on the maytronics website which did not lead anywhere and I am still trying to get through to a person at Maytronics. waited 30 minutes today with no one picking up.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Please check your motor gear drive. It is what makes the movement. These things wear down. You need part 9983142 more than likey.
engranaje-motor-z12-dolphin-9983142-600x600.jpg

Hi Poolboy631, were you able to find any answers to your issue, I am having the same problem (or close to it), although mine runs about 10 minutes and stops. If I unplug the swivel cable from the power supply and plug it back in, it will start back up (for another 10 minutes). The power supply doesn't shut off, just the robot. Interesting that mine is also about three years old. I keep getting pushed to change out the cable, but I can't figure out how that would be the issue, and its a little expensive to try as a test ($180).

I'm having the same problem. In mine, actually the screw holding the motor gear drive was loose. I dropped the screw and can't find it. I will put back together with different M3 screw and report back.

Last edited:
I put in what I consider a temporary screw, a M3 that cut to close the correct length, it has a pan head and it not stainless steel. But the Doheny Advantage is working like new. I have some stainless steel screws coming from Amazon on Sunday. I think I will try a small amount of Loctite on the threads. New stainless M3 flat head 10mm screws work perfect. A bit of Loctite and robot is working great.

Last edited:
Trying to troubleshoot my Dolphin CC Plus. Just replaced the blue cable, tracks, and rollers, but it is still not moving. Someone mentioned (above) about the white plastic gear...where is that located? Inside the motor box, I'm guessing? Anyone can provide tips for accessing. I can see four deep recessed screws that look like they hold the box inside bot...after that, how do I get in?

Checking to see if anyone has gotten an answer to this mysterious stopping of the Dolphin...? My runs about 5-10 minutes and then stops. Sometimes it will run a full cycle and sometimes it just stops. The unit is 2.5 years old and never had any issues. seeking information on this issue??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm jumping on the band wagon here, hoping someone has found a solution. @ecblount I have almost the exact same issue as you: robot is 3.5 years old, runs for 5-10 minutes and just stops completely. No errors, power supply is still on, no idea. Someone suggested trying a schedule setting on the power supply but that didn't work.