Dolphin M500 Cleaner - Walls

MarkLoshelder

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2017
Pittsburgh,Pa
My Dolphin M500 doesn't get up the wall far enough to clean the water line. I adjusted the handle/float (offset one side; at an angle) but it still doesn't seem to get up high enough. Are my expectations unreasonable (ability to truly clean the water line)? I don't want to chase a ghost, but all indications are is that the machine should be able to reach and clean the water line.

Also, I tried the various clean modes and used the remote to drive up the wall, but no luck. I called Maytronic and they suggested adjusting the handle. As noted above, that didn't seem to work.

I've just figured this out for mine.

There are foam rings on the brushes and mine were worn smooth out. The rings are called climbing rings. I will be posting a refurb thread on this soon. Going into season 4 after three very hard ones, mine was overdue. I haven't figured this out yet, but mine also climbs best after the water is warmer. I have a guess, but not sure yet. If yours isn't old like mine, wait and see if it does better with warmer water. If it is, you may need new rings and tracks.

Also, and not assuming yours is bad, but if you have some slippery stuff on the walls from being low on chlorine, that may be a problem as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.