Dolphin M5 won't turn

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I have been searching for info on servicing Dolphin M5, but surprisingly no info on here or YouTube about motor. My M5 is about 6 years old. Has worked perfectly until today. On the bottom, one side turns freely, the other side does not turn at all. Doing out of water test, the siphon fan spins, then one side turns, but the other side never turns. Then it stops.

It appears there is really no place else for anything to be stuck, so my only conclusion is that it is motor related... are there two motors in this thing? One for each side? Is there a manual anywhere that shows how to get the motor out to test it?

Or could this possibly be something else simple I should check?

Thanks!

I pulled the unit apart... one of the two motors in the motor pack does not turn... even with a wrench. Looks like new pack is $399. Anyone have an old one you want to get rid of? Or even just one of the Linix 63ZYC motors from inside the pack, if you have a pack with one failed also. Long shot, but I thought I would ask... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.