Dolphin M4 Supreme for parts or repair, OC CA

Hey everyone,
I have a Dolphin M4 Supreme free to anyone in my area (South OC, California) that would like it to try and repair, or for parts. Pick up only, no shipping. It's complete with the power supply, carry/storage caddy, and cover. It's great when it works, but unfortunately it's been problematic enough that I'm done with it. I've already replaced the power supply once, and it's now stopped working again. It seems to be the power supply that has failed again. Symptoms are: for a month or so it would fail to start the suction pump when I first started it, but the drive motor was working fine...restart it a few times and it would then start working correctly. Most recently it would move, but the suction motor would not run, no matter how many times I reset or restarted it. Then after a few days of trying various different things, it will no longer power on at all (no lights on the power supply). Unfortunately, the power supply that I replaced seems not to have lasted very long. Rather than spending the money on another power supply that might only last as long as this one (maybe a year), I'd rather go back to a suction side cleaner. Anyway, email me at rubenarchilla (at) hotmail (dot) com if you are interested.
-R

I hope you are going to do a modern pressure side cleaner like the Polaris Quattro Sport instead of a suction side cleaner.

@ajw22,
I was planning to do a suction side cleaner, as I already have an existing suction side line/port in the wall of the pool, and also because before I got this Dolphin robot, I had a simple suction side Navigator that worked well and without hassle for many, many years, other than occasionally replacing the shoes and wings. I just ran a leaf canister to keep the major junk out of the pool filter. It was simple, effective, and reliable. And far less costly than the Dolphin. That said, I'm all ears as to why a suction side cleaner is a bad idea.

Suction cleaners are always a compromise. Pressure cleaner with a booster pump has lots more power and capture dirt in its own bag. It doesn't drag debris through your pump and impeller into the filter. We continuously get folks here with clogged pumps due to what they vacuumed up. You will need to backwash your filter a lot less.

I think there are only positives to a pressure cleaners versus a suction cleaner. About the only advantage of a suction cleaner is you don't have to empty a separate bag.

You're basically rounding the bases on a faster pace meaning the dirt is getting into the filter media much faster and sooner then when not using the suction side cleaner. Now if it's a sand filter you will be back washing more often but easily accomplished on the other hand a suction side cleaner with a cartridge or even a DE filter will run you into much more time cleaning filter. So emptying a bag every so often out ways digging into the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.