Dolphin Diagnostic quit

abrasv

Jul 5, 2018
TROY
Just bought a DD 2100 from a neighbor that had been using it for a year or so. Ran it in my 25000 gal. in-ground last week and ran fine. Put it in this am and it took off, then stopped and backed up, then took off again and then quit within a minute. Thought it might be cycling although that would be a fast cycle:) but it never started up again. Checked the power supply and all good, power pak was lit up so it was working.

Any ideas as to what to look at next to help me PLEASE

Thanks,
Jim

If you know your way around a multi meter, you could check the output of the power pack. The output voltage should match or close to what listed on perhaps a sticker, or the manual. Also check the voltage at the end of the cord at the unit to make sure there isn’t a break in the wire. Make sure connections are tight at the motor it self- see if there is possible a fused connection between power pack and motor. Does the voltage change when a cleaning cycle is selected? Possible the brain having an issue.

I know these are somewhat vague, but eliminating some variables can help pinpoint the issue.
Call tech support , and there may be a reset procedure. Maytronics could give you some direction.

Good luck !

With the unit out of the pool and upside down, turn it on and see if it starts up and that both motors turn on and test cycle. If you are getting power enough to test cycle it than 9 times out of 10 the power supply and cable are good. Also while it is test cycling out of the water try moving the cable around where it goes into the body of the unit (most commonly where I see breaks in cables) to see if it shuts off, because then it may be as simple as a cable short.

Checked out wiring with my multi meter and all ok. Tried running it upside down with the filter bag out but still nothing. Place I bought it from thinks it is the cable and willing to refund the purchase price. I'm going that route and will start looking for another unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.