atxjmy512

Mar 19, 2022
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
i have a dolphin pool cleaner (proteus dx4). It’s control panel seems to be be “bubbling”. Literally the flexible plastic button panel seems to be developing bubbles underneath. I’ll be contacting maytronics but curious if anyone else has experienced something like this. I keep it covered most of the time and it’s pretty new.

i have a dolphin pool cleaner (proteus dx4). It’s control panel seems to be be “bubbling”. Literally the flexible plastic button panel seems to be developing bubbles underneath. I’ll be contacting maytronics but curious if anyone else has experienced something like this. I keep it covered most of the time and it’s pretty new.
This happens on mine as well. It’s always placed in the shade, but if it’s hot outside the plastic will start to swell. This is the second control panel for this particular robot, and the first one did it too.

The control panel on mine has been loose with a slight bubble since it was new. It gets slightly worse on hot days - even though it is not in direct sun.
It hasn't gotten bad enough to worry about, but I see how it could be an issue in the future.

The control panel on mine has been loose with a slight bubble since it was new. It gets slightly worse on hot days - even though it is not in direct sun.
It hasn't gotten bad enough to worry about, but I see how it could be an issue in the future.
Mine just started doing this. It's only two months old. I can't even press the button. Why is this happening 😭

the enclosure is IPX so no air can escape, when it gets hot either from sun or just from the transformers the air inside expands leading to bubbling. My workaround was to drill a small hole withe the thinnest drill I have to allow air to escape. I will also look for a water impermeable mesh to glue it on top of the hole to prevent any water to go inside. Water proof meshes are usually used in mini headphones to cover the sound port, I have to break open an old headphone and get the mesh out.

This also happened to me the first time I used it. Very careful to keep it in the shade and thought it was just too hot for the box? It seems to deflate and works fine otherwise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.