Dolphin Active20 - cycle time less than an hour

SBall

Jun 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
Dolphin Active20 starts, and runs great for 30-60 minutes, then stops. Aside from stopping early, it does everything great...climbs walls, cleans waterline, etc. I have checked every moving part, no debris, no twisted hair, nothing. Thing is cleaner than a whistle. It is eight weeks old.

Found some info online that suggested opening up the watertight electrical compartment, and pull the eeprom and let it reset to factory. Don't really want to go down that path until I am sure there is nothing else I am missing externally.

I know this might seem obvious, but are you sure you aren't selecting the quick clean option? The power supply has a button on it that is in the middle with a full circle and a semi-circle. You are always choosing the full circle, correct?

LOL...I would far prefer the obvious! I read through the instruction manual, and did not even see an option for a quick clean. It absolutely might be the case. I plug it in, and hit the big, round circle and it lights up...it is unclear to me even how to turn on the quick clean.

So a quick google, and I will confirm tonight, but going from memory, yeah, the entire circle is lit up. I can certainly try to toggle it a couple times though in case something got "stuck"

If your cleaner does not have the quick clean feature (I can't remember if it's included on the Active 20 or 30 or 30i), then those lights on the power supply won't even light up when pressed. But if they do light up for the quick clean section, make sure you are selecting a full cleaning cycle and not the semi-circle for the quick clean option.

Attachments

• dolphin.png
    dolphin.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 27
Gotcha...then no, mine does not have that feature. the small round button just to the left of the one you selected does appear to work, and chooses the "1x per week" "2x per week" or "3x", but the one you circled and the one to the right of it do not appear to do anything.

OK. Seems then that you might have a defective unit. Have you tried contacting the place you purchased it from? Do you have a local Maytronics dealer that you can take the unit to for evaluation?

It is 8 weeks old, and yes, I got it from Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa. I was hoping for something simple...like on a cell phone where you can hit a combination of buttons and do a forced reboot. I found a couple of snippets online that suggest opening the electrical compartment, pulling the memory, which forces it to re-initialize and basically reset the time clock....but was really hoping for something obvious...like "hey, your kids were playing with the controller and turned on a quick clean cycle"...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, I'll tell ya that our *Sheldon*is out of warranty now and pulled that trick on us. Worked for 20 minutes and stopped. Skippy just this AM opened him up and found pine needles wrapped around <something> which he said was like a small sump pump impeller? He unwrapped 'em and is cleaning it all out.....update to come!

Maddie :flower:

Ok, I'll tell ya that our *Sheldon*is out of warranty now and pulled that trick on us. Worked for 20 minutes and stopped. Skippy just this AM opened him up and found pine needles wrapped around <something> which he said was like a small sump pump impeller? He unwrapped 'em and is cleaning it all out.....update to come!

Thx. I have cleaned out everything, it is as clean as the day I took it out of the box.

Bumping this thread. My new S200 did this after only a week of running correctly. Margaret was great - she got me a prepaid return label and had a new one shipped very quickly. And now the new one is doing the same thing!!! The longest it has run is ~30 minutes, sometimes it runs for only 1-2 minutes. While it runs, it seems to be working fine.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm about to give up on the S200 and try to get a refund.

They put a warranty claim on mine and are shipping me a new motor unit.

I ran it for a cycle, it stopped after 30 minutes. I unplugged the robot cord from the power supply, and the power supply was putting out 29.39 V, just like it should, so we (Seth at Marine Pool and I) figure it is the motor. Mine is consistent, almost dead on 30 minutes every time. I have dismantled the entire thing...took the tracks off to make sure nothing stuck, removed/cleaned the impeller, pulled the motor and checked for debris around the main motor gear going to the tread. Nothing looks wrong. At 30 minutes, the blue sensor turns off and robot just stops. Seems like the internal clock is just messed up.

Did you purchase with a warranty-extending credit card?

Update on my Dophin S300 - Sent it back to Marina Pools with their return label. Turns out the error message I was getting continued to happen for them as well. The are replacing the motor under warranty and will be sending back "flipper" soon. I'll be glad to have him back :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.