Dolphin Active 10 only goes backwards

quesse

May 26, 2023
PA
This is a mystery to me! Passes the self test. Took the whole thing apart and cleaned made sure all looks well.

My Dolphin will go "sweeper" first (the whole length of the pool) until it hits a wall, then when it tries to reverse, it will go about 5-10 seconds forward and then act like it hit a wall and reverse. It does this a few times and then stops.

Interestingly once in a great while it will shake this behavior and do a couple passes of the pool but then go back into the same cycle.

Appreciate any ideas!

Welcome to the forum!

My Discovery did the same thing. I ended replacing the wheel hubs and then later the brush assembly. There are plastic sleeve bearings that wear out in both and need to be replaced periodically.

How old is the cleaner and how many cycles per week does it run?

Thanks so much for the idea. I did notice grooves on both the plastic sleeve bearings and the inside of the wheels. The wheels were not rotating as smoothly as I would have liked. I rotated the bearings and that seemed to fix it. But maybe there is still an issue the wheels and the bearings need to be replaced. I can try the brush assembly too.

I don't know how old it is - the "robot" came with the house and pool, I moved in a year ago. I probably run it twice a week all last summer and it had this problem at the very end of the season. It seems older... lots of external scratches and nicks on it. However I took the motor assembly apart and it looked brand new inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.